Coloured map of Kent from John Harris book entitled “The History of Kent in Five Parts” published in 1719. This magnificent map, which was engraved by Sam. Parker, is based on the work of Philip Symonson, whose map of Kent was first published in 1596, and is beautifully outlined with 118 coats of arms of the noble families of the county. Comprising two sheets joined together, this large map of Kent is drawn to a scale of 5.25 inches to one mile and includes a legend identifying the county’s Lathes, Bayliwicks, Hundreds, Market Towns, Cities, Ports and Franchises. A view of the Dover castle and town appears in the bottom right corner and the city of London is shown to the north-west. Blank verso. The map has very tight margins as is usual, otherwise a superb example. 56 cm x 81 cm