Coloured state 1 map of Oxfordshire from the 1607 edition of Camden’s Britannia. Initially issued in 1607, Britannia was the first publication that contained a complete set of individual county maps of England and Wales. The county maps in Britannia were based on the work of Christopher Saxton and John Norden and were engraved by William Hole and William Kip. The map is decorated with an ornate title cartouche, the Royal coat of arms and a compass rose. A description of Oxfordshire appears verso in Latin. Other than some discolouration mainly in the margins, a finely coloured example in excellent condition. 27 cm x 29 cm